Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Caliper at wiggle.com
Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Caliper
Add Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Caliper to your basket now
|Black||Front - 1000mm||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Silver||Front - 1000mm||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Black||Rear - 1700mm||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Silver||Rear - 1700mm||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Black||Front (Left) -1000mm||Discontinued - no longer available|
Top Features of the Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Caliper
A powerful fully bled XT hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake lever and caliper.
- Short stroke Servo-Wave mechanism for quick pad engagement and more power for aggressive riding
- Oversized 22mm twin ceramic pistons optimized for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Using Ice-Tec alloy fin pads further improving heat radiation performance
- Recommended for use with Ice-Tec rotors for optimum braking performance in a choice of 160, 180 and 203mm
- Lightweight forged caliper design that increases rigidity and reduces weight
- Forged alloy brake lever for optimum strength and reliability
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting system allows for quick setting up
- Brake lever featuring reach and free stroke adjustment
- Hinged clamp for quick installation
- Ispec compatible lever mounting
- The kit also contains sintered pads, plus spare olives and insert should you wish to adjust the length of the cuttable hoses
The front and rear fully bled lever and caliper comes without adapters or rotors giving you the freedom to customize your bike to suite you. The hose length for the front is 1000mm and the rear is 1700mm.
About Disc Brakes
Bicycle disc brakes consist of a metal disc attached to the wheel hub that rotates with the wheel. Brake calipers are attached to the frame or fork along with pads that squeeze together on the disc. The way it is attached to the bike will be either by IS (International Standard) which has two holes facing the disc or Post Mount, which has threads going into the fork. Disc brakes have been successfully used on motorbikes for decades, and are the principal choice there. The primary benefit of disc brakes is that they perform equally well in all conditions including water, mud and snow. This is due to their position closer to the hub and away from the ground and possible contaminants like water, which can coat and freeze on the rim in colder temperatures. The pads are usually made from metal sinters or an organic compound instead of rubber. Water acts as a lubricant to rubber but not metal, therefore disc brakes maintain their stopping power in wet conditions. They also avoid the problem that rim brakes have of wearing out the wheel rims, especially in muddy conditions, as well as the requirement that the rim be straight. Disc brakes offer improved modulation of braking power and generally require less finger effort to achieve the same braking power. The advantages of discs make them well-suited to steep, extended downhills through wet and muddy off-road terrain, common in freeride bicycle riding.
About the Shimano brand
Shimano are the makers of the world's most well known cycle component brand. Established in 1921 when the first cycle freewheel was forged. Shimano produce drivetrains, wheels, pedals, shoes, cycling apparel and pretty much every Shimano cycle accessory you can think of! Famous for their top end products ridden by the pro's, Dura-Ace and XTR, which cover both road and MTB's. At Shimano, they're doing everything they can to respond to heightened environmental concerns. Shimano are proud to be a producer of bicycle components that help people to enjoy outdoor sports and interact with nature through healthy nonpolluting activities. In their 87 plus years of existence Shimano have accumulated a wealth of technology and product development and expertize that serves as the driving force behind their continually evolving product line.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.34
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $31.80
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?